The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Baby Girl Ultrasound

Hi! Just need some reassurance really. I had a scan the Saturday just gone (14th September) I was 15 weeks & 6 days and we booked and paid for it privately specifically in the hope the sonographer could tell us the gender.

She told us that we were expecting a little baby girl however I’m so nervous she’s got it wrong as it’s quite early and I’m stopping myself from buying anything pink! Can anyone reassure me that my baby is definitely a girl?

Thank you in advance ladies :-)

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
10 Comments
Oldest First
adrianvazquez

Looks like a girl to me! I dont see any boy parts! I had mine done at 13.5 weeks and no boy parts either, I've already started buying stuff.

c
ceecee976

Thank you! Its my first baby and I’m just so paranoid as I’ve heard stories that if you’ve been told it’s a girl, there’s a chance it could be wrong but I don’t see any boy parts either but just wanted your ladies opinions x

b
beautymomma34

looks like a girl

c
ceecee976

Good!

adnon
When we did our private ultrasound, the tech made sure there was not only absence of "boy parts" but we actually saw the three little lines that were her vagina.  The tech checked from every possible angle, even using the "nub theory" from her profile view.  
a
aaalhabsi

My tech also said it’s a girl at 14 weeks and 5 days I’m waiting until my 18 week appointment to confirm it

littlebabyFan

I also just found out in having a girl at 16w1d....but baby kept her legs closed/ankles crossed the whole time!!!! so, waiting for sure to confirm at 18w ultrasound

c
corishmori

Don’t take this the wrong way, but there were soooo many things in your post that made it abundantly clear that you’re not American �� I’m guessing you’re from the UK? Anyway, idk it’s just cute and I love hearing how different people who speak the same language use it so vastly differently haha �� and yes, that looks like a girl! Hoping I see a ‘lack of boy parts’ at my ultrasound tomorrow!

BumbleBree2020

I just had a scan done this evening and I’m only 15w1d. If it were a boy you’d be able to tell by now. Definitely looks like a girl to me!

C
CB17
It's a girl! Have fun shopping :blush: